The AM 833S Mono Amplifiers.
Fang, who is now Audio Music, has
been steadily working away for over twenty years in his search
for audio perfection. He teamed up with a Salesman partner to
form Stereo Knight and
designed one of the finest pre amps ever made in the very substantial Magnetic Enigma, and then the 45kG monster, the Magnetic Enigma Silver, which was the best pre amp that I had ever
heard. He also made the quite astonishing Stereo Knight M100 Monoblocks using KT120s running in Pure Class A in a fully Balanced design. These became one of my best sellers and had
a perfect record in that everyone who did a home demonstration of them kept them. But Fang believed that there were too many compromises in anything other than a perfectly executed
Pure Class A Single Ended design. He was close to perfecting this when Stereo Knight came to an end, due to the pressures of the GFC and partnership problems.
However, the development went on, and so Fang decided there is no partner like no partner at all and so founded AM Music, releasing the 803SE Monoblock Amplifiers and the quite awesome
R-S Transformer Pre Amp, which had been released for a short time as a Stereo Knight, and had a quite extraordinary sound. He also rereleased an upgraded version of the Magnetic Enigma.
This is a minimalist in operation, but no effort spared, quite over the top, nothing to degrade the audio, everything he had learned Preamp, the RT-1. He needed tis to drive his Crowning Glory.
The Nothing spared, whatever it takes to achieve the absolute in music reproduction. The AM 833S Monoblocks. Standing nearly half a meter high and weighing a svelte 75.4kG each.
The construction and execution of the design is extraordinary. There is not a sign of a shortcut anywhere. The amazing looking 833 tube runs in Pure Class A Single Ended,using a KT88 as a driver,
for a very impressive 120 w/ch.
* The AM 833S is an absolute state-of-the-art, no compromise design to celebrate AM's 10th Anniversary.
* Both the amplifier and the power supply sections are isolated to reduce magnetic field interference from the two massive double C HIB power transformers, thus ensuring that only pure power is supplied to the amplifier.
* The signal circuit is direct coupled and transformer coupled, eliminating capacitors from the signal path to avoid any compression of the dynamic range.
* The multiple independent power supplies use an effective ?-shaped filter circuit for exceptional noise isolation.
* All the tube heaters use silicone-diode rectification. The -shaped filter coke transformers are DC coupled to a large volume condenser to minimize hum.
* Both the drive and output transformers both use a very complicated winding technique and are constructed of special magnetic materials so that a bandwidth of 10Hz- 120KHz. is achieved.
* The 833 tube sockets are machined from Teflon, and use gold plated phosphor bronze round pins for an exceptional contact and improved sound quality.
* The internal wiring is either silver or a special customized rectangular OCC copper wire which was carefully chosen over a long period by extensive listening.
* The chassis is constructed of a very thick aluminum alloy, precisely machined by precision CNC machinery to ensure it is very strong, stable and reliable.
It is this attention to detail and lack of compromises that result
in an exceptionally musical and stunningly clear sound reproduction.
The English Distributor, Iain Borthwick was lucky to get the first one in production. Mine will be the second pair. These are his comments on firing them up.
1) They look incredible and the
build is up there with the best
2) Even cold and not run in they are easily the best amplifies I have heard.
3) The midrange is sublime and human voice effortless and so real.
4) The bass is effortless and incredibly articulate.
5) These will obviously improve as they get played in. Awesome.
6) No noise whatsoever. No hiss, no hum, no farting noises. Fang really has excelled himself. In a different league to StereoKnight.
7) Inky silent background due to incredible noise floor.
1) Bloody heavy but look stunning.
|Tube complement||ECC88 as the drivers, KT150. As the amplifiers . 833|
|Input Impedance||100k ohms|
|Input Impedance||100k ohms|
|S / N||> 98dB|
|Input selections||RCA single-ended ; balanced / XLR|
|Load impedance||4 & 8 ohms|
|Power supply||100,110,120,220,230,240 VAC 50-60Hz|
|Dimensions||(W * D * H) amplifier 340 X 450 X 292 (mm)------- power supply340 X 450 X 200 (mm)|
|Weight||amplifier 30.7kg x2 . power supply44.7kgx2...|
Here is a photo of of one of my AM 833S monos going through the testing stage. The whacking big power supply is sitting behind it. Now I have a photo of it sitting on the Power Supply.
They will be shipping on the 6th of October. Both together should look very pretty in a darkened room. All very exciting.
Back to AM Mainpage