AM 833M New completely revised for 2021
Simply awesome integrated power supply version of the 833S. Stunning sonics in a more manageable size. 130W/ch, Pure Class A, Single Ended.
Price: Please contact us for world beating pricing on this special product.
The Silver version uses a square section pure silver, 24 carrot gold wiring in all crucial signal paths and in the umbilical cord from the power supply. The copper version is no longer available.
Despite the towering performance of the 833S, the all conquering Flagship Model, there was a definite need for a model in between the 833S and the 805M. So he set to work to make a single chassis version of the 833S because the only drawbacks to this amplifier was that although a screaming bargain compared to its extraordinarily expensive competition, it was still relatively expensive (especially in any other market where the price is double here), it was large, and very heavy.
The result of this is the quite extraordinary 833M. The power supply is still quite mammoth, and is still huge compared to other amplifiers who attempt to compete. The amplifier design between the two is mainly the same.
The performance between the two is surprisingly similar. They share the same awesome tonality, huge soundstage, dead silent background and incredible ambience. The bass control is exceptional, but the 833S has that little bit more and even better bass control and performance. But compare them to any other amp. The other amps become boring and unlistenable.
* The AM 833M is an absolute state-of-the-art, no compromise designed originally to celebrate AM's 12th Anniversary. This is a heavily revised version for 2021.
* Both the amplifier and the power supply sections are isolated to reduce magnetic field interference from the two massive double C HIB power transformers, thus ensuring that only pure power is supplied to the amplifier.
* The signal circuit is direct coupled and transformer coupled, eliminating capacitors from the signal path to avoid any compression of the dynamic range.
* The multiple independent power supplies use an effective ?-shaped filter circuit for exceptional noise isolation.
* All the tube heaters use silicone-diode rectification. The -shaped filter coke transformers are DC coupled to a large volume condenser to minimize hum.
* Both the drive and output transformers both use a very complicated winding technique and are constructed of special magnetic materials so that a bandwidth of 10Hz- 120KHz. is achieved.
* The 833 tube sockets are machined from Teflon, and use gold plated phosphor bronze round pins for an exceptional contact and improved sound quality.
* The internal wiring is either silver or a special customized rectangular OCC copper wire which was carefully chosen over a long period by extensive listening.
* The chassis is constructed of a very thick aluminum alloy, precisely machined by precision CNC machinery to ensure it is very strong, stable and reliable.
* It is this attention to detail and lack of compromises that result in an exceptionally musical and stunningly clear sound reproduction.
Power Tube: 833
Tube complement: ECC88 as the drivers, KT150. As the amplifiers . 833
Frequency response: 20Hz-100KHz
Input Impedance: 100k ohms
Input Impedance: 100k ohms. 1.0Vrms
S / N: > 95dB
RCA single-ended ; balanced / XLR
Power Output: 120w
Load impedance: 4 & 8 ohms
Power consumption: 400W(each)
Power supply: 100,110,120,220,230,240 VAC 50-60Hz
Dimensions: 289 X 487 X615 (mm)
Weight: 63kg X 2